Aprons on? Let‘s Cook!
This went down an absolute storm last night – it’s sweet, comforting and packed with veg (unseen to the untrained eye!)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 golden beet (peeled and chopped – this is an optional extra, we had some in our delivery this week)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 400g passata
- 1 cup of stock/water
- Glug of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper
- 100g grated cheese for the top (optional)
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 grated courgette
- 500g mince
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup of flour (we used oat flour by whizzing up some oats!)
- Food processor
Dairy (optional), egg
1 Preheat the oven to 170c (180c non fan assisted)
2 To make the sauce fry the sweet potato, beet, onion and garlic in some oil for 5-10 mins until softened - don’t worry about how you chop the veg, it all gets blended at the end!
3 Add the rest of the sauce ingredients (apart from the cheese), pop a lid on the saucepan and simmer for 20-30 mins
4 To make the meatballs mix all of the ingredients in a bowl with your hands, roll into 16-24 balls (depending on how big you make them!) and bake for 15 mins
5 When the veggies in the sauce are really soft either transfer it to a food processor and blitz or use a hand blender
6 Pour the sauce over the top of the meatballs, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 20 mins!