Aprons on? Let‘s Cook!
This pizza is made with a quinoa base which is much quicker and easier to make than traditional pizza dough (and a lot healthier too!). Ask your children to help choose what vegetables to use to make the colours of a rainbow and to help decorate it!
Ingredients for the pizza base:
- 1 cup of quinoa, uncooked – 120g
- 1/3 cup of water – 80ml
- 1 large tablespoon of olive oil – 10ml
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Ingredients – toppings:
- 1 cup of passata
- 1 cup of grated cheese e.g. cheddar or parmesan
- Chopped vegetables to make a rainbow – here are some ideas:
- Red – cherry tomatoes, red pepper
- Orange – orange pepper, carrot
- Yellow – sweetcorn, yellow pepper, pineapple
- Green – broccoli, spinach, basil, peas
- Purple/blue – red onion, red cabbage, beetroot
- Food processor/blender
- Bowl for soaking quinoa
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
Fun fact! Quinoa has been consumed for thousands of years in South America – they believed it to be sacred food! It is one of the few plants foods to contain all essential amino acids (the ones your body can’t make on its own) also known as a ‘complete protein’.